If you were to take a closer look at the evolution of HTC you will soon realize that the company has come a long way, as nowadays it is one of the leading brands when it comes to smartphones and Android Tablets. Besides the already famous EVO 3D innovative smartphone, HTC prepared another great surprise for its customers, the 7 inches HTC Flyer tablet. One thing everybody agrees on when it comes to the Flyer is that it is indeed a unique offer, which is extremely powerful and resilient. However, what really sets the Flyer apart from other Android tablets on the market is the fact that it includes a Magic Pen, a truly fun tool and at the same time useful feature.
Specifications: A quick look at its main features
• Thanks to the 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and the 1GB of RAM it is a relatively fast and reliable device;
• It includes the Magic Pen, which is an useful and entertaining accessory;
• A long lasting and powerful battery that enables more than 12 hours of intensive usage;
• It is equipped with a 5 megapixel camera positioned on the rear of the tablet and a 1.3 megapixel camera in front that enables you to make 3D videos;
• The maximum playback capacity of the camera is 720p and the display is done on a Super LCD screen;
• The devices has 32GB of onboard storage capacity and it includes a MicroSD card slot that allows you add more memory when you need it;
• Online gaming support and connectivity compatibility with WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, USB devices and GSM.
What we like
The headline differentiator that distinguishes the HTC Flyer from similar products on the Market is the Magic Pen accessory. Hidden in a stylish manner in the design of the tablet, the Magic Pen includes a dedicated application that enables you to take notes extremely quick or draw to pass the time away while taking longer trips. Moreover, besides the Notes application, the HTC Flyer also includes an audio recording function that allows the user to make correct associations between written text and the recording.
What we don’t like
Despite the fact that it is quite an impressive Android tablet, the design and style of the HTC Flyer is considered rather heavy and chunky. Considering that we are living in an age of high competition for the thinnest and lightest devices, this is a rather big setback for the Flyer. In addition, it seems that this tablet is among the most expensive devices for its capabilities, as you need to pay approximately six hundred pounds to acquire one without a signing a contract with any mobile phone company. Furthermore, even though it enables the user to create 3D videos, the truth is that the potential of the camera is not as great as one can aspect and the really disappointing part is that not all applications are optimized for the 7 inch size of the screen.
On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is very poor and 10 is very high, the HTC Flyer is considered an above average Android tablet at around 7 and a handful of customers rate it quite highly. The truth is that the Magic Pen and the OnLive gaming features are quite extraordinary.
In a nutshell
If you choose the ignore the relatively high price of the HTC Flyer, the truth is that overall, the tablet presents a lot more advantages than downsides. Even though HTC devices are known to be slightly bigger, one cannot simply ignore the efforts of the manufacturer of adapting to the trends and the needs of customers. All in all, the Flyer practically markets itself and in the end, you will be completely satisfied with its great functionality.