The much-awaited untethered Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 is out. Developed by a collaboration of iPhone Dev Team and Chronc Dev Team, Absinthe 2.0 is “so easy your grandma could do it.” There’s just no better way of saying it. It works on all Apple devices running iOS 5.1.1 with the exception of the 2012 iPad 2.
• iPad 1, iPad 2, new iPad (except 2012 iPad 2)
• iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S
• iPod Touch 3, iPod Touch 4
• iOS 5.1.1
• Fully charged device
• Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7, Windows XP/Vista/Win7, Linux x86/x86_64
• Download and install Absinthe 2.0 MacOSX | Absinthe 2.0 for Windows | Absinthe 2.0 for Linux.
Absinthe 2.0 jailbreaking guide
1. Connect your device to the computer and launch iTunes.
2. While on iTunes, go to “Devices” and right click on your device name. Then, click “Back Up” to backup your device.
3. After the back up, pick up your Apple device and go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. This hastens the jailbreak process.
4. Launch Absinthe and make sure your device is still connected to the computer.
5. Click “Jailbreak,” step back, and wait. Never disconnect your phone during this critical step.
6. After Step 5, you now have a jailbroken device 🙂 Now go back to iTunes and under “Devices” right click on your device name. Click “Restore from Back Up” and select the backup you made from Step 2. This will restore all data on your device such as photos, apps, and music.